Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year

Well the fireworks are going off and all the drunks are out hooting and hollering. I never did understand why people get so crazy just because some pope decided this was new years eve some centuries ago. Talk about silly. Anyways, Oma and grandpa came over to watch the girls for a bit while Helena and I went out to bargain hunt. Nothing much for me but Helena found killer sales in the clothes department of JC Penny.

The mall closed early though so we had to get out by 6. We had every intention of going out for dinner but we had kinda forgot that it was new year's eve and the restaurants were all packed solid. Being packed in with party goers is not our style so we just headed home with $5 Subways footlongs. We'll save the dinner out for when we can actually get dressed up a bit and have a proper evening.

It looks like the cold weather in Montreal has finally cracked my dad and he can no longer speak normally. He's been spitting out lyrics that would be the envy of any rapper. I'm hoping things get back to normal in the spring. We miss everyone back home but the time does fly when you're having fun.

3 comments:

  1. While shopping for bargains and buying new clothes
    They hustled you out? Those inelegant shmoes!
    For supper you went where the party crowd goes,
    Gave up and bought subs. Were the buns sourdoughs?
    Now you're reading a rhyme but wishing for prose.
    Must seem like a difficult day I suppose.
    Sometimes we just have to roll with the blows.
    This decade's still young as everyone knows.
    So greetings once more from the land of the snows.
    I'd love to write more but my fingers just froze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the big deal either. The earth has been around for millions of years supposedly, and people still feel need to celebrate one year going by? It'd be like me throwing a parade for everytime I eat breakfast.

    Looks like Dr. Seuss highjacked Dad's account here......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Robin is hardly a talkative bird,
    The fact is his voice is infrequently heard,
    At least when it comes to the type-written word.
    But now with much humor the thing has occurred,
    And sometimes I've laughed till my eyesight was blurred.

    ReplyDelete