Saturday, January 2, 2010

Alexandria's big event

Yesterday turned out to be quite a crazy day. I'll get to the details in a minute, but the biggest news of the day was that Alexandria lost her first tooth! It had been loose for quite a while now and it just popped out yesterday. She can hardly wait to get home and show you all but for now I've added this picture.



The other news of the day was that it poured torrential rains on us all night. We woke up in the night (not last night, the night before) to the sound of rain drops in our bedroom. Yeah you read that right. It wasn't terrible but obviously not great either. So we complained and they gave us a new room about two doors down.

Helena was dying to get back to the mall for those great sales so I offered to stay behind and do
the move. To make things a little easier on the two of us, the girls got dressed up and went to stay with Oma's for a bit.

The move went well and it seems like we've got a bit of an upgrade to our room. Nice large LCD screens and nicer furniture. It hasn't rained since so here's hoping this one stays together for the rest of our stay. We ended our day with a great Papa John's pizza for supper before the girls collapsed in a heap on the bed.

They've really been playing hard these few days. I haven't been able to take a picture of them in the pool yet, mostly because I'm in there with them, but they're really good little swimmers. They're actually getting a little TOO brave for my tastes. Makes it hard to watch both at the same time. Still, we have fun and they really get a work out in there.

5 comments:

  1. The tooth came out which ends its flopping.
    The rains poured down but now are stopping,
    But left accommodations sopping.
    Vacations don't need jobs like mopping.
    While Momma went to do her shopping
    I'm glad to learn you did some swapping,
    And moved beneath intact roof-topping.
    The girls in shades - now that's eye-popping.
    But I must go, there's ice needs chopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprising the tooth came out, it has been loose for some time. The girls look pretty spiffy in their pink jackets and shades. We're having a snowy day again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Northern Lights have seen strange sights,
    But the strangest they've ever seen
    Was me on the street in the snow and the sleet
    As I worked the snow-blowing machine.

    All those grippers and knobs, it's the darnedest of jobs
    To make the snow go where it should.
    It tested my sanity, my Christianity,
    While coping the best that I could.

    I hadn't gone far when I buried the car
    In a sudden surprising barrage.
    Then turning around in the midst of a mound
    I promptly filled half the garage.

    In a place hard to reach I heard an odd screech
    And said to myself, "What was that?"
    I stopped the machine and surveyed the scene
    Fearing maybe I'd scuttled a cat.

    So I quit for the day, put the blower away,
    Returning it where I had got it.
    But then (do not scoff) I could not turn it off,
    So I got me a gun and I shot it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm scared...please tell me it's not our snow blower that got shot.

    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed.

    A pair of black boots didn't fare too well though.

    ReplyDelete