Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life on Sunday


Sleeping in has been a real treat for us. The girls have no idea what time it is when they wake up so one of us always gets to sleep in until 9 and the other (today it was my turn) gets to sleep until 10. This morning Alexandria was reading the clock backwards and asking us if it was morning time. "Is 239 morning? Wait! Is 339 morning?" That kind of thing. It was funny.

After having gotten up and had something to eat we headed over to the local Kingdom Hall for our meeting at 12:30. The talk was fantastic and the watchtower study was... well... it was American. Let's put it that way. You know, when everyone
gives their life story instead of the answer from the paragraph. That kind of stuff. Made for some good laughs later though as we met up with Peter and Monica later this evening.

You see, Helena and I decided to run out to a 4pm showing of Avatar 3D so the girls stayed with Oma and Gramps for about three hours. The movie was utter nonsense and the discomfort of wearing 3D glasses for three hours certainly doesn't enhance the experience. The effects of course were fantastic but wasted on a completely predictable and shallow story that simply had horrendous acting. I thought it would be a LOT better.
Anyways, we had some of Oma's spaghetti and had a few laughs before heading home. The girls were once again cooked beyond reasoning so off they went to bed. Oh, and it's absolutely freezing here. I had to take out my leather coat to go to the movies. No joke... it's cold.

4 comments:

  1. Cold...The world's smallest violin is playing for you guys. It's three in the morning and I just finished plowing snow. The snow drifts alone were three feet high. Enjoy Florida while you can!!!!!!!! Tell the girls I say hi.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I just hope they remember who you are... Their heads only peak up from the sand every once in a while for food and juice.

    Your parents heard about the snow up north and hardly flinched. I believe today was their day for going to Webster. I think I have the kids to thanks for not having been dragged along to that. Although I don't know what I'll do next monday to get out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a better day than we did. Lots of snow and no meeting. Grandpa was supposed to give a talk in town here but no place to park at hall so meeting was cancelled. We (I mean he) shovelled out instead. It's pretty quiet around here with you guys around. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you got to keep those 3D glasses from Avatar.

    ReplyDelete