Friday, January 8, 2010

Disney World



We went to The Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. A day I could only describe as "freezing." I don't know how the girls did it, but we hung in there and had a really good time.

The day started with our alarm not going off so we didn't get going as early as we had hoped. We were maybe an hour behind schedule.
Nevertheless, you can't simply say to a four and two year old that even though you promised to go to Disney, we're not going because we're an hour late. No, we went.

The drive from Daytona is pretty good and it took just over an hour to get there. When we arrived we had actually debated whether or not to bring our sweaters and shoes. We decided to
wear not only sweaters, but our winter coats. And boy were we glad we did.

Thankfully by staying in the sun we were able to stay warm for most of the day. Still, most rides have covers over the lineups to shade from the normally scorching heat, so we got pretty cold in some of those lines.


The good news was that the lines were MUCH shorter than last year. Probably because of the weather and probably because of the week we went.

First up was "it's a small world" boat ride. I didn't find out until much later in the day, but this turned out to be Alexandria's favorite ride. It consists of floating along in a river while all the
different nationalities are represented by dancing dolls and animals. The picture makes the line look long, but those lines really move. It was considered by Disney to be a 10 minute wait.


Next we went to Cinderella's Carousel. Here we have a picture of Olivia wearing her winter coat while riding one of the smaller horses on the carousel. The face might not show it here, but she had a VERY good time on this thing. Personally I was a little disappointed that we were on the smaller horses. I like the big ones on the outside ring. Of course I did know full well that we'd be back on this thing again before we left.

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. The girls must've been so excited to be there again! Can't wait to see all the pictures. I love this picture of Olivia....she looks so nice and peaceful and pretty bundled up, may I add. I can't believe how cold it's been over there. I really hope it warms up for us in February. Keep us posted on the rest! Bye. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney World and winter jackets just sound wrong together....but it still looks like a pile of fun. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to finally hear from you guys. Thought that Mickey Mouse had kidnapped you. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete