Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What day is it?

Things are just out of control here. The kids let us sleep in until 10 this morning. Not that they weren't up, but they didn't do their regular checkup on us. They just stayed downstairs and laughed and played. Once that turned to arguing their father yelled down "be quiet it's too early!" All went quiet. Sometime later Alexandria called up, "Daddyyyy, why are OTHER people up?" I looked at the clock and saw 5 to 10. I almost felt bad.

Coffee and a bagel later and we're ready to go. It's another sunny day here and we're anxious to go out and see what we can see. I'll bring the camera and snap a few pictures. We'll be stopping by the dollar store to get the girls some sun glasses because they complain every time they go outside.

It's nice to hear from back home but all the cold and snow drifting doesn't sound too good and I certainly don't miss it.

2 comments:

  1. 10 o'clock? So not only do you get to enjoy the warm weather but you also get to sleep in. Could life get any better? Glad that you guys are getting the well needed rest you deserve. I have to admit that I am a bit envious of you as I sit here trying to convince myself that taking the kids out in the freezing cold (-10 probably feels like -20) will be "good" for them...

    Oh...by the way it's Wednesday. Enjoy. :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's next? Girls serving you breakfast in bed? While your at the dollar store besides the sun glasses, get them a nice reward for letting you sleep so long - like maybe more ponies.

    ReplyDelete